Dedicated to classics and hits.

Friday, August 02, 2024

1,001 Novels A Library of America: Capes and Tidewaters, Shifting Coasts and Capitals

 1,001 Novels A Library of America:
 Capes and Tidewaters, Shifting Coasts and Capitals
District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina

   True, I haven't finished up New York/New Jersey quite yet, but the press of needing new books to read waits for no person.   The third chapter in the 1,001 Novels: A Library of America are the states which run north to south against the Atlantic Ocean, from Delaware in the north to South Carolina in the south.  This is the most diverse chapter yet, ranging from the majority black capital to the oldest of the old Confederacy states in the south, South Carolina.  In terms of personal experiences, I went to college in Washington DC so I'm familiar with that area and the parts of the surrounding states that interface with it.  I went to Baltimore a couple times in college.   I've drive through Virginia and North Carolina and I've never set foot inside South Carolina, but know plenty about its history.

  Delaware only merits three books, making it the least represented state in the 1,001 Novels: A Library of America project by a good margin.  Looks like  77 books for the whole chapter, so I should be able to knock it out in less time than either New England or New York/New Jersey.  I am very much looking forward from moving on from New York City and the travails of its citizens.

No comments:

Blog Archive