Dedicated to classics and hits.

Monday, September 28, 2026

The Invincible (1964) by Stanislaw Lev

 Audiobook Review
The Invincible (1964) 
by Stanislaw Lev

  This 1964 work by Polish science fiction author Stanislaw Lev got an Ebook editions last year and after a year of checking it out of the Libby library Audiobook app and returning it unlistened-to I finally finished it.  I've found myself drawn to science fiction, particularly "hard" science fiction ever since I started the 1,001 Novels: A Library of America project, as a counterweight to the poverty/geography bound realism that editor Susan Straight favors.  I'm sure the Audiobook happened in 2025 because The Invincible was one of the first books to deal with ideas like microrobots and swarm intelligence.

  It's a straight forward set up, space ship arrives at a distant planet to figure out what happened to the last space ship and discovers a planet seemingly devoid of all life...or is it. 

No comments:

Blog Archive