Audiobook:
Civilizations (2021)
by Laurent Binet
I'm really warming up to the Spotify feature of having every Audiobook for free. My hunch is that this is mostly new releases and classics, but I wait FOREVER to check out new release Audiobooks in the Libby library app, so this Spotify feature is welcome. Right now, I'm going through and looking for Audiobooks of books I've already read. The first one I picked out was The Kindly Ones, Civilizations, by Laurent Binet was second because I bought the English translation in hardback, read it, and thought that I would have been better off with the Audiobook because of Binet's textually based approach to the plot. Part I is a faux-Viking saga, Part II is written in the style of Early-Modern/Middle Ages prose, etc.
I was really excited when this book was published- in the original French. I thought for sure it would prove a sensation, but such was not the case. It seems like a natural for a tv version and the rights were published but there have been no updates since then.
Instagram
No comments:
Post a Comment