Dedicated to classics and hits.

Tuesday, April 09, 2024

2024 International Booker Prize: Shortlist

 2024 International Booker Prize: Shortlist

Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott
Mater 2-10 by Hwang Sok-yong, translated by Sora Kim-Russell and Youngjae Josephine Bae
What I’d Rather Not Think About by Jente Posthuma, translated by Sarah Timmer Harvey
Crooked Plow by Itamar Vieira Junior, translated by Johnny Lorenz
Kairos by Jenny Erpenbeck, translated by Michael Hofmann
The Details by Ia Genberg, translated by Kira Josefsson

   Congratulations to the authors, translators and publishers who made the 2024 International Booker Shortlist.   I've read three of these books so far- What I'd rather Not Think About, Crooked Plow and The Details.  Of those three I'd say The Details is my front runner.  I've got Mater 2-10 and Kairos on my Kindle ready to go.  I don't believe Not A River is out in the US yet.

No comments:

Blog Archive