Dedicated to classics and hits.

Friday, September 22, 2023

2023 Booker Prize Shortlist Announced

 2023 Booker Prize Shortlist Announced

Sarah Bernstein, “Study for Obedience”
Jonathan Escoffery, “If I Survive You”
Paul Harding, “This Other Eden”
Paul Lynch, “Prophet Song”
Chetna Maroo’s “Western Lane”
Paul Murray, “The Bee Sting”

  The 2023 Booker Prize Shortlist dropped earlier this week.  I've read three of the books already: This Other Ede, The Bee Sting and Western Lane. I tried the Audiobook of If I Survive You but didn't enjoy it and only made it about 10 percent of the way through before abandoning the attempt.  Prophet Song isn't out yet in the United States. Study for Obedience is the one title on the shortlist I don't know anything about.  I'm surprised that Old God's Time didn't make the cut. 

  If I was handicapping I would bet on The Bee Sting or Western Lane for the win.

No comments:

Blog Archive