Dedicated to classics and hits.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Event Preview: Secret Attraction, Madeline Goldstein @ Zebulon 6/16/23

 Event Preview

Secret Attraction
More Ephemerol
Madeline Goldstein
Friday, June 16th, 2023
@ Zebulon Los Angeles, CA.

   Things are heating up over at Dream Recordings HQ!  I just paid for the mastering of five full length LP's, two by Mvtant, two by Trit95 and one by Secret Attraction, who, as it turns out, is playing the Zebulon- which is not a mile from my house- where he is first of three for the Madeline Goldstein + More Ephemerol double album release party,  That is a free show but you need to RSVP on DICE.  Plug for Dice- I use it frequently to keep track of cool shows I both have AND haven't heard of already- it is very useful in that regard here in Los Angeles. 

  Secret Attraction is a two piece out of Phoenix area.  They play goth-adjacent, I guess you would call it dream pop or synth gaze etc.  His songs are strong (He is Derek and the other member is a woman but I only deal with Derek).  Derek has a great work ethic and he's constantly promoting his projects on social media, which is a great sign for a label.   When I review my monthly digital statement, which has a list of every project still remaining with the various labels, the most frequent observation is that none of these bands ever released another record.  The second most frequent observation is at how few monthly streams many projects generate- like the resting number for any given project is essentially 0.  

  This should be a good show and since it is free, that's all the better.  Secret Attraction is, of course, opening, first of three, but I believe all three bands are worth a watch.

No comments:

Blog Archive