Dedicated to classics and hits.

Thursday, April 13, 2023

BILLIONS CLUB: Imagine Dragons (8/391)

BILLIONS CLUB
Imagine Dragons (8/391)
148/391 = 38%

   Another week, another Imagine Dragons tune lands in the Billions Club.  This week it is Whatever it Takes from their 2017 album, EvolveWhatever it Takes is the third song from that album to make it to the billions club joining Believer- a two billion streamer and Thunder which is soon to become a two billion streamer.  Fortunately for this blog, that should be the last song from this record to cross a billion streams for the foreseeable future.  The next highest song after Whatever it Takes is only 250 million.

   

Published 4/3/23
BILLIONS CLUB
Imagine Dragons (7/389)
136/389 = 35%

  Ok, we are back to 35% which is where we were with Artic Monkeys before the total list value was updated from 381 to 389.  Imagine Dragons added their seventh cut this week,  Natural, which was the first song off their otherwise forgettable 2018 record, Origins.  The majority of the songs on this record are well under one hundred million streams.  Three songs fall between one and three hundred million streams and Bad Liar has 850 million streams.  I can honestly say I've never heard this song and wouldn't be able to identify it in a line up.   I didn't write this down last time but they are the 20th biggest act in the world on Spotify with 65 million something monthly listeners. Embarassing!


Published 3/24/23
BILLIONS CLUB
Imagine Dragons (6/381)
120/381 = 31%

   One observation I should have on the post yesterday is that- the 15 artists who comprise the first 30 percent of the BILLIONS CLUB, only 9 of them are in the top 15 artists on Spotify.  This suggests that the BILLIONS CLUB takes time to achieve, like years because even if you have the hottest song on the planet you are talking maybe 15 million plays in a week's time which means sustained plays over the course of YEARS not just a year.

   Which brings me to Imagine Dragons- at this point I am simply trying to pick out all the artists who have more than five songs in the BILLIONS CLUB.  This band... of all the acts I've written about up till now this would be the only act I actively dislike.  I can't even Imagine how I'd behave if I ran into a fan and had to talk to them about their fandom.   I even dislike their non-album efforts which have made it to the Billions Club- a song from Suicide Squad, a film I found unwatchable and something from League of Legends, which I understand as a video game for children and incels. Yeah, I just can't even be bothered to come up with something for these guys.

No comments:

Blog Archive