Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Invisible Man (1955) by Ralph Ellison

 1,001 Novels: A Library of America
Invisible Man (1955)
by Ralph Ellison
New York: 26/105
Harlem: 3/14

  I haven't been doing any re-reads for the 1,001 Novels: A Library of America project.  I Invisible Man for the first time for the 1,001 Books to Read Before You Die project back in 2015.  Back then, I was a little embarrassed I hadn't read it in school.  Reading it back then I thought, why wasn't this book assigned reading. As supposed to a book like On the Road, by Jack Kerouac, which I did read in school. Within the 1,001 Novels: A Library of America project, Invisible Man is representing Harlem.  Pretty obvious pick and a top three no doubt.  Here is the 2015 post:




Young Ralph Ellison, author of Invisible Man (1952)

No comments:

Blog Archive