Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Event Preview: Stagecoach Festival 2014

Luke Bryan is totally straight and loves his wife, ok?














Event Preview:
 Stagecoach Festival 2014

  The set times were posted last night for Goldenvoice's annual Country Jamboree, the 2014 Stagecoach Festival, so I think it's fair both for me to cop to the fact that I'm going this year AND provide a decent event preview. Prior to last year my only familiarity with country music was via the History of Country Music, as read in books, since then I've actually been hearing the stuff- mostly top 40- via a friend, and watching Country revival mainstay Nashville on the ABC Network.  I've watched two country music Awards shows, listened to about 20 hours of the Highway on Sirius/XFM and really done everything EXCEPT actually attend a Country music concert/festival.

 Unlike Coachella, I'm going to Stagecoach 2014 for the headliners. Friday night starts off with rock-cross over Artist Eric Church headlining the MANE stage.  Saturday it is Jason Aldean and Sunday closes out with the devastating one-two punch of Florida Georgia Line AND Luke Bryan.   For those who are unfamiliar, Luke Bryan is kind of amazing- an orange colored, metrosexual pop singer with a winning personality and a too-dogged insistence that yes, he loves his amazing wife.  And a passel of hits.  Florida Georgia Line is probably the break out act of last year, and it was only last year that they were the first band on the main stage at Stagecoach.

 Further down the bill you've got a mix of up and comers in the mainstream country (Tyler Farr Sunday, Eric Paslay Friday,) legacy acts (Wanda Jackson, Michael Nesmith, Lynrd Skynyrd, Don McLean, Susanna Hoffs) and what I presume is a ton of alt-country type acts that I've never heard.  PLUS in the new terrace area they have added the, "Honky Tonk Dance Hall" which looks, I'm not afraid to say it, amazing.

 Generally speaking I am excited for a novel experience at a Festival that everyone says is super fun and not a fucking god dam endless hellscape like Coachella.  Plus, they are comp tickets and I'm staying at the new Sparrows Hotel in Palm Springs, so the whole situation looks like a win/win.  I will report back!

No comments:

Blog Archive