Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Show Review: Dum Dum Girls Record Release @ The Echo

Show Review:
Dum Dum Girls Record Release @ The Echo

  I feel like the current album promotion cycle for the Too True (Sub Pop LP) is going well. I don't think it breaks any kind of rule to say that I heard second hand they re upped with Sub Pop for another record, which is a strong vote of confidence in the future of Dum Dum Girls.  That happening on the eve of the album release is the equivalent of an NFL head coach getting a contract extension before the first game of the season.

 With Coachella booked and a full touring slate on the horizon, my gut, and the analytics I can track both tell me Dum Dum Girls will be around for as long as they want to be, which is a nice spot to be in for an Artist.  The crowd last night was straight "Ghost World": equal parts Steven Buscemi and Thora Birch.  It was crowded but mostly with fans, I couldn't spot any obvious industry types, which is probably due to the fact that Dum Dum Girls aren't part of any major label shit fest.

 The band has added another guitarist, none other than ex-The Prayers member "Handsome" Andrew Miller. The show last night was a success, with plenty of hard core fans in evidence.  I'd say everything is go.

No comments:

Blog Archive