Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scenes From a Marriage (1973) d. Ingmar Bergman

Liv Ullmann wears glasses!

Movie Review
Scenes From a Marriage (1973)
d. Ingmar Bergman
Criterion Collection #229

  OK yeah maybe too much Bergman.  Fanny and Alexander AND Scenes From a Marriage are both three hours long- in their short versions- making for six hours of Bergman in the last few weeks.  Add in the other Bergman films- like 20 hours of Bergman in the last couple months?  Too much Bergman.  I find myself wandering the empty streets of Malmo in my dreams.

 I don't know if any of my regular readers have been divorced, but certainly if you've been through it like me there is A LOT to make you cringe in Scenes From a Marriage- Bergman makes Noah Baumbach look like a fuck wit by comparison.   After three hours of emotional hell you do get something resembling a happy ending, but man what an ordeal.  Scenes From a Marriage does make you think but man.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

No comments:

Blog Archive