Dedicated to classics and hits.

Monday, December 02, 2013

Show Review: Lust for Youth at The Void

Lust For Youth, Sacred Bones, Sweden = Pedigree


Show Review:
 Lust for Youth at The Void


   When a band shows up with a Sacred Bones affiliation and a Nordic back story it is enough to get me out of the house on a Sunday night.  The fact is that I'm interested, pure and simple in bands that have released records on labels like Sacred Bones, Captured Tracks, Hozac, In The Red, Etc. Etc. Etc.  I want to keep up.  I want to go to the show and ask myself, "Would I sign that band to my label?  Would they sell any records?"

  Whether you are a lawyer second chairing a jury trial or a label executive thinking ahead, it's always a good move.  Maybe not such a good move to write a brutally honest review on your blog the next day, but I have nothing bad to say about Lust for Youth.  They may give off the vibe of a minimal techno/synth act, but the actual sound was far from it. IN fact, I found the whole performance captivating, reminiscent of early Cold Cave or the darker side of the Factory Records proto-rave scene.

  Well worth a look see on their current tour, I'm sure they are a band with a future, even if Pitchfork has not gotten on board yet. 

No comments:

Blog Archive