Dedicated to classics and hits.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Show Review: Shiva Trash Record Release @ Till Two Club



Show Review
Shiva Trash
Northern Tigers
The Natives
Electric Healing Sound
California 666
@ Till Two Club

   Wasn't going to write a show review for this but I had SUCH a good time last night I felt compelled to offer words of encouragement.  First of all Till Two Club was packed.  Second of all it was a fun crowd.  Third, I had no connection to any of the bands, the venue or the promoter so I was able to just relax and enjoy.  A really welcome feeling.  I made a conscious decision several years ago to avoid trading in gossip, but that doesn't  mean that I'm not privy to the ultra dramatic machinations  sd rock club scene.   The shit that goes on behind the scenes is interesting enough to fuel a reality television show, or a fictionalized version.  I don't think there's anything going on that is specific to San Diego, it's probably similar in every top 20 market in the US.

  But my involvement is always peripheral- I don't own a venue, I don't promote shows, I really just want to go out and have a couple of drinks and a good time without getting caught up, and I was actually able to do that last night and it was sooooo refreshing.  Really, a rejuvenating feeling.  It wasn't about liking a specific band, it was just about the vibe of the scene- it was just fun.

  All credit to the Cholo Punks for putting together such a vibrant, organic scene that functions on a truly local, DIY level.  It's a nice feeling.  I will make sure to keep my readers apprised of future opportunities to explore this dynamic environment.  Last night was certainly a resounding success.


No comments:

Blog Archive