Dedicated to classics and hits.

Monday, July 29, 2013

2013 San Diego Music Awards Artist of the Year To Slightly Stoopid



  Normally around this time the San Diego Music Awards announces their list of nominees, but I guess this year they decided to skip the drama and just hand out the Artist of the Year award for 2013 to Slightly Stoopid for the 18th consecutive year. I know, for me, Slightly Stoopid is essentially synonymous with the San Diego Music Awards, and hey, what better band to put forward as our national representative (that is as long as Switchfoot stays dormant.)  Slightly Stoopid is a very popular band that likes to sing about smoking marijuana and partying, and they self release their own music- which is very DIY.

 They are from Ocean Beach, and have 10 million last fm plays.  That's almost as many as Wavves!  Anyway, I'd like to offer my congratulations to Slightly Stoopid for winning Artist of the Year at the 2013 San Diego Music Awards for the 20th consecutive year.  It makes me so PROUD to be a part of the San Diego music community!

 Keep up the good work over there, guys (and gals?)

No comments:

Blog Archive