Dedicated to classics and hits.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Venue Review: First Unitarian Church in Los Angeles (f/ Ariel Pink)

The First Unitarian Church in Los Angeles


Venue Review:
First Unitarian Church (f/ Ariel Pink)
DO LA party
Sponsored by Goose Island Beer

  I love a new venue and if the invite includes free beer (courtesy the lovely people at Goose Island Beer, Chicago's Craft Beer) and industry networking, SO MUCH THE BETTER.  Also, I happen to love driving between San Diego and Los Angeles- call me crazy.
Court Yard at First Unitarian Church in Los Angeles

  The First Unitarian Church is located west of Downtown Los Angeles, near the intersection of W 9th and Vermont Ave.  There are three separate spaces:  a gymnasium type social space, a church/venue and a lovely open air court yard that really made the night.  The venue is seated and it gets hot inside but it was a nice place for a mixed all ages/21+ show.

  On street parking is scarce but valet was provided.  I wanted to write about the Goose Island Matilda that I had.  The Matilda is a Belgian Style Pale Ale and uh... it was pretty solid.  I could have had a half dozen but driving so I couldn't.  Goose Island has a wide selection of fine beers and ales.. and last night people were saying positive things about Honker's Ale.  I would order Goose Island products in a bar scenario: it was crafty but not TOO crafty.

  Ariel Pink was ok.  He acts like he is on drugs and doesn't like to shower- more power to him as far as I'm concerned, I'm just saying.  I would def go back to First Unitarian Church for another summertime show.  In winter it might be too cold, but hey in LA- probably not?  Last night it was beautiful night that made me glad to be alive.





No comments:

Blog Archive