Dedicated to classics and hits.

Friday, May 10, 2013

No Charges Filed Against Surfer Blood Dude For DV Case? Maybe.






Not a Surfer Blood fan, but as a criminal defense lawyer I'm interested in music/criminal defense cross over. The new Pitchfork interview with Surfer Blood dude contains numerous statements to the effect that "No charges were ever filed" but it also has this exchange:

Pitchfork: Did you consider AA or some other kind of rehab?
JPP: No charges were brought against me in this thing. I was remanded to take an anger management course, which I was happy to do. That was helpful. I still drink, but I think I’m a lot better now and I have some control. But there have been times when I haven’t. (PITCHFORK)

Now I'm not a lawyer in Florida, but in California and many other states you don't get "remanded to take an anger management course" unless charges were filed and you got something called "diversion" where you typically have to take a class of some sort and it's LIKE you were never charged.

So my only question is why was he "remanded to take an anger management class" if "no charges were ever filed."  Sounds like charges were filed and he got diversion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just would like to offer you a big thumbs up for your excellent info you have right here on this post.
I will be coming back to your website for more soon.



My weblog - raspberry ketone

Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is great i like reading your posts. Keep up the good work!
You realize, many people are hunting around for this information, you
could aid them greatly.

My web page :: does raspberry ketones work

Blog Archive