Dedicated to classics and hits.

Thursday, April 04, 2013

New Dirty Beaches Interview on Pitchfork, New Song Too

Update: Dirty Beaches on Pitchfork.

The lonely, sax-strangled "Landscapes in the Mist", above, sounds like an Ornette Coleman solo lost somewhere within Wu-Tang's 36 Chambers. The whole thing is a risky departure that has already confused some Badlands fans. After a YouTube commenter hastily dismissed the contemplative instrumental "Love Is the Devil" when it was released in January, Hungtai couldn't help but respond. "i don't care about pleasing your expectations," he wrote, "I was crying my fucking eyes out when i wrote this and punching myself in the face. This is why I'm doing this record. its for myself and my life."

   I guess my movie review of Anna Karenina starring Keira Knightley will have to wait.  Don't worry classic literature fans- regular coverage will resume shortly.

No comments:

Blog Archive