Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank God Extravagant Inventions: The Princely Furniture of the Roentgens Exhibit Is Still At The Met

Roentgens Desk



  Phew- I was worried that Extravagant Inventions: The Princely Furniture of the Roentgens Exhibit was going to close before I made to New York City- but- relief- I will be there while the exhibit is still open (closes January 27th, 2013.)  I don't think there's an exhibit about 19th century furniture I've been THIS excited about since I last visited the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam a decade ago.

  Unfortunately I won't be in town for the Exhibition Tour- A Conservator's Perspective on Extravagant Inventions: The Princely Furniture of the Roentgens Exhibit.  I can't believe they got Mecthild Baumeister to do a walk n talk.

  This exhibit promises to be THE definitive statement on the rise of the father/son funiture design and manufacture duo Abraham and David Roentgens from their begins in Germany in the mid 18th century to their closure in the early 19th century.

  People are like, "Why go to New York in January- sounds terrible." And I'm like, "BECAUSE I LIKE TO GO TO MUSEUMS."

  I promise a full review upon my return!

No comments:

Blog Archive