Dedicated to classics and hits.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Desert days still fun, ace hotel not as much

Spent my second day at the desert daze festival in desert hot springs ca- at dillon's road house. Yesterday had a good line up with fresh and only's, young prisms and crystal antlers heading the bill. Today and tomorrow look pretty weak with a two and a half hour gap on the schedule between 730 pm and 10, so I'll either be coming home early or coming home early, ha ha.

Tried to go see Fred armisen and carrie brownstein do comedy at the ace hotel in palm springs but it was a mad house and i didn't even try to get in.

I encourage non coachella attending southern Californians to drive out for the show on the 21st with dead meadow headlining. Also girls and yuck are playing pappy and harriets this Thursday, and DJ rupture is playing the ace hotel in palm springs on Friday night.

You may be able to read my full write up of desert daze in impose magazine (on impose magazine?) and if not I'll post it here next week. It's a doozy. I will be reviewing the performances of close to 50 bands and opining on other topics of my choosing.

No comments:

Blog Archive