Dedicated to classics and hits.
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Mangosuthu Buthelezi is the head of the Inkatha Freedom Party. Here is what you need to know about the Inkatha Freedom Party for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa:
1) The Inkatha Freedom Party is based around Zulu identity politics.
2) Their poll results have plummeted from 11% (1994) to 4.5%(2009).
3) They are rivals with the African National Congress (ANC) which rules South Africa.
When I was reading the Shaka Zulu biography by E.A. Ritter I was startled to find that the Buthelezi clan was practically the first clan that Shaka absorbed into his Zulu polity. Right there... at the beginning... then the successor is the leader of the democratic political party that represents the entire ethnicity 200 years later in a multi-party Democracy. That's a strong civilization, when something like that happens.
Posted by catdirt at 12:38 AM
- ► 2013 (137)
- ► 2012 (401)
- ► 2011 (298)
05/30 - 06/06
- Book Review: The Selling Sound by Diane Pecknold
- Art Fag's Best Coast 7" is #2 Seller at Insound
- Mountain Dew Haz Record Label and Wavves Single
- Book Review: The Washing of the Spears by Donald M...
- Don't Talk Past The Sale
- That Moaning Saxophone *The Brown Brothers* (1915)...
- Oberst Enzian and his Schwartz Kommando
- Bantu Languages
- Diddy f. T.I. and Rick Ross *Dirty Money*
- Ke$ha *Your Love is My Drug*
- RAPID CITY///ROCK CITY
- INKATHA FREEDOM PARTY LOGO
- The Inkatha Freedom Party
- ON MY DESK: THE SELLING SOUND THE RISE OF THE COUN...
- Best Coast covers Wavves *So Bored* @ Primavera
- Show Review: Spectrum & Heavy Hawaii @ Soda Bar
- ▼ 05/30 - 06/06 (16)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (67)
- ► 2007 (158)
- ► 2006 (85)