Dedicated to classics and hits.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Motherfucker It's On: Your 2007 San Diego Music Awards Nominees

See the list aqui.

Let's survey, shall we- looks like they have consolidated some categories this year, at least as far as public voting is concerned.

I can literally already hear the howls of protest from southeast san diego as I read the nominations for best hip hop: Cat Dirt Records Recording Artist MC Flow (any day now!), Addiquit, Miki Vale. That;s three female MC's.

The coveted Best New Artist award has noms for The Muslims, The Vultures and iSociety!. Wait till I reveal my pick for that category (hint- maybe not who you would expect from what's been written on this blog!)

Best Electronic has Cat Dirt favs Qu‘est-ce Que C’est. Best Club DJ has nominations for Morgan Young, Gabe Vega and Mario Orduno. That should be a fun category- FOR A CHANGE. The only one missing from my ballot is Edgartronic.

Best Rock is stacked up this year: The Atoms(?!?), Transfer, My American Heart, Dirty Sweet, Reeve Oliver. My pick is the Atoms, but the winner will be My American Heart and their legions of Facebook/Myspace fans. Hands down.

Best alternative- also stacked: Fifty on Their Heels, Grand Ole Party, Rafter, Sirhan Sirhan, The Donkeys and Vision of a Dying World. VOTE FIFTY ON THEIR HEELS!!!

Annddd... can't leave out "Best Pop Band": Congrats Power Chords!!!

And Congratulations for Grand Ole Party for getting the nod for "BAND OF THE YEAR"... Switchfoot is going down!!!

7 comments:

chickrawker said...

I just wrote a post too. I'm feeling your picks. But damn My American Heart. You're right, they'll get their legion of fans to vote, which is too damn bad.

Edgartronic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mario Orduno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
catdirt said...

the real question is whether anyone canget the m.a.h. fans to vote for any one other band besides m.a.h...

T said...

no edgartronic? sucks. i wanted him on there. im kinda suspect on some of these nominations. I wonder how they decided on how many people in each category.

adamg said...

Don't we get any points for publically dissing our competition? http://blog.myspace.com/covermebadd
xo
Blasphemous Guitars

Anonymous said...

what the fuck is arm the angels and magnolia black?

Blog Archive